HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)
Precautions on Use
About terms and conditions
- Can be used by customers with contracts for "FLET'S HIKARI NEXT Business Type, Prio10, Prio1, Giga Family Smart Type, Family Giga Line Type, Family High-speed Type, Family Type, Giga Mansion Smart Type, Mansion Giga Line Type, Mansion High-speed Type, Mansion Type" (Internet connection service) or "Business Ether WIDE"(contract charges, installation charges and monthly charges apply).The service cannot be used with B FLET'S or FLET'S HIKARI LIGHT.
- To use the service, communication equipment that is compatible with the service is required.
- Some numbers cannot be called, such as 114 (Automated number-busy check).
- Calls including those made to emergency services cannot be made during power outages (You may make phone calls for a certain amount of time if you use Uninterruptible Power Supply).
About continuing to use the telephone number that is currently being used
- Number portability refers to the ability for customers using NTT EAST subscribed telephones or other telephone services to continue using the same telephone number when using this service in the same location.
* To use number portability, a separate number portability charge of ¥2,000 (Excluding tax) applies per number.
- To use number portability, subscribed telephones and other services must be suspended* or contracts canceled.
* To suspend subscribed telephones and other services, a separate suspension charge of ¥1,000 (Excluding tax) applies.
- If number portability is used and the customer wishes to change the installation location (after moving or relocating), the same number can be used at the new location only within areas where the same number can be transferred for NTT EAST subscribed telephones and other services.
Precautions on Use
Numbers that HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) Cannot Connect To
There are certain numbers that HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) cannot connect to. See "List of Connectable Numbers" for more information.
- (1)This service cannot be used to call numbers designated by telecommunications companies (numbers beginning with "00XX").
If "Functions for call services from ordinary subscribed telephones to cell phones (e.g. Mobile Call Setting Function (0036 Auto Dial Function))" included in certain telephones and FAX machines, and "ACR (Super ACR etc) Functions" included in certain telephones and FAX machines made by companies other than NTT are operational, the telecommunications carrier selection function may operate and calls may not be able to be made using this service.
Disable these functions or cancel these services with the provider before using HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE).
- (2)Calls cannot be made to certain "1xx" numbers.
106 (Collect Call "Through Operator"), 108 (Automatic Collect Call) etc
- (3)Calls cannot be made to certain "0xx0" numbers.
- (4)No connection will be made depending on the subscriber's contract details for "Free Access" or "Toll-free number".
About emergency alert
- If calls are made to emergency alert numbers (110/119/118), the subscriber's address, name and telephone number will be notified to the connected number (police, fire, maritime security), regardless of whether caller number notification is set to notify or anonymous (excludes certain fire services).
Note that calls made to "184" will not be notified, but if the emergency authority deems that there is imminent risk to the caller's life, the authority may obtain the caller's address, name and telephone number.
- There are no guarantees in place to ensure priority communication during emergencies.
- Calls including those made to emergency services cannot be made during power outages. Calls may be possible for a certain period of time if an uninterruptible power supply (UPS) or similar equipment is used.
Services that cannot be used
- After suspending or canceling subscribed telephone contracts, services (such as discount options) provided by NTT EAST for the suspended telephone number will be canceled.
- MyLINE does not apply to this service. Accordingly, if this service is used by keeping the current telephone number in use from subscribed telephones or other services, the MyLINE contract will be canceled.
- If customers are signed up for telephone services other than those provided by NTT EAST (such as discount options offering fixed prices), they must contact the company providing the service to terminate them themselves if required.
Note that charges may apply regardless of whether the services are used.
- "Collect Call (106, 108)" calls cannot be made or received.
- "Free Access HIKARI WIDE" and "Free Access NEXT" differ in certain functions from "Free Access" provided with subscribed telephones and other services.
- This service can be used with business phones that are compatible with this service.
When using a "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)-compatible adapter," a business phone is recommended.
- When connecting an ISDN device to the HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)-compatible adapter, the following restrictions apply.
- U-interface connections are not supported.
- Equipment that requires power supplied from a telephone exchange cannot be used.
- Two or more units cannot be connected to a single port.
- The 23-channel adapter can be connected to a PBX/business phone INS1500 unit, but 24 channels cannot be used.
- When using a HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)-compatible adapter, communication equipment may not operate correctly depending on the actual equipment.
- FAX can only be used in G3 mode.
- *Digital communication modes such as G4 mode cannot be used.
- *Super G3 mode may not be able to be used depending on the communication environment.
- *Even if G3 mode is used, if the receiving end is using an ISDN line, FAX transmissions may not be possible from HIKARI DENWA OFFICE Type depending on the settings of the terminal adapter used by the receiving end.
- Modem communications may be affected by the customer's in-house environment, communication equipment, and line conditions.
- Rental equipment used with subscribed telephones and other services cannot continue to be used. Call "116" or other numbers to terminate the contract.
About services that require the contract company to be contacted
When no-ringing services (e.g. automatic notification of gas leaks, remote meter reading, etc.) are used,
services are handled differently depending on the contracted company (such as gas companies). Customers must notify their contracted company that they have changed to HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) by themselves.
HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) provides Caller ID Display (Number Display) as standard, so there may be a service equivalent to the no-ringing service available. Please contact the contracted companies for details.
When using security services
Services are handled differently depending on the contracted company (such as security companies).
Customers must notify their contracted company that they have changed to HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) by themselves.
When using incoming call billing services
HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) may not be designated as a line that can be used in the contract with some incoming call billing service providers.
Customers must notify their contracted company that they have changed to HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) by themselves (services with each company may need to be terminated).
- Monthly usage charges for this service are calculated by adding the basic charges (basic charge, usage charges for additional functions etc) and call charges.
- Details of dialed calls are not provided on printed statements or other forms of media. Details can be checked online using the "@Billing Service." In contrast to subscribed telephones and other services, no discount is available for this service when using "@Billing Service."
- The invoicing method may not suit the method requested by customers.
@Billing is a service that notifies customers of monthly usage charges online instead of using a printed statement.This service does not require monthly usage charges or installation charges and can be accessed by a computer connected to the Internet to check various information, including an itemized statement of calls, usage charges up to the previous day and notifications related to usage charges."The itemized statement of calls can be downloaded as a CSV file and checked for each telephone number."
In contrast to subscribed telephones and other services, there is no discount available for charges when applying for @Billing. Browsing the "itemized statement of calls" requires a service different from that required for browsing "itemized usage charges."
- (1)"Itemized statement of calls" and "usage charges up to the previous day" can be browsed online.
- This information is only available online and is not provided in a printed statement.
- Information can be browsed using a computer.
- (2)"Notification of usage charges" and "itemized usage charges" can be browsed online.
- Requires that HIKARI DENWA usage charges are paid by bank transfer or credit card.
- If an application is submitted for "@Billing," customers understand that the service is only provided online, and printed statements are not provided.
- Information can be browsed using a computer or cell phone.
- *Applications can be made for either (1) or (2) above, or both. Note that only (1) may be available depending on the customer's invoicing method.
- *A "User ID" and "Password" are required to browse online. Notification will be sent in writing after an application is submitted.
- *The "User ID" and "Password" differ for (1) and (2) above if applications are submitted for both services.
After receiving each ID/password, customers can merge them by themselves. See here (* In Japanese only) for details on how to merge IDs and passwords.
- *If @Billing was used for subscribed telephones and other services, there may be changes to the "User ID" and "Password."
- *"Notification of usage charges" and "itemized usage charges" may not be able to be browsed depending on the type of invoicing used.
- *Browsing may not be available, or may not be displayed correctly, depending on the model or type of cell phone used.
About calls between prefectures and international calls
When using this service, calls between prefectures may be carried on services provided by NTT-ME Corporation or NTT Communications. International calls use services provided by NTT Communications.
About listings in phone directories
- Listings in phone directories can be under any desired title, but are limited to the subscriber's name or title.
- Listing in one phone directory is free for each telephone number. To list one telephone number in two or more phone directories, a duplicate posting charge is required.
The duplicate posting charge is ¥500 (Excluding tax) for each additional phone directory, to be paid each time it is published.The same charge applies each time a new phone directory is published, so please notify NTT EAST if duplicate postings are no longer required.
- Customers can request that their number is not listed.
- If FLET'S HIKARI NEXT is used as an access line, troubleshooting is offered from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- *Applications for repairs are accepted 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. (Applications will be recorded from 5p.m. to 9a.m. the next day)
- If Business Ether WIDE is used as an access line, troubleshooting is offered 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- HIKARI DENWA will be disconnected automatically if there is no response from the destination number (receiver) after approximately 3 minutes. Accordingly, calls will be disconnected automatically after approximately 3 minutes even if the receiver is using a toll-free number with the "Please hold while we connect your call" guidance playing when the line is busy and the call is placed on hold.
- New telephone numbers used with HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) (telephone numbers that are not retained from subscribed telephones using number portability) cannot continue to be used with telephone services other than HIKARI DENWA with number portability when HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) is canceled.
- Certain restrictions apply to connections using "Video Phone," "High-quality Telephone" and "DATACONNECT" if the calls are made between NTT EAST and NTT WEST areas to a number ported from a range of exclusive numbers *1 designated for HIKARI DENWA BUSINESS Type (telephone service). Please contact NTT EAST sales staff for more information.
- *1:See the following URLs for more information on the range of exclusive numbers designated for HIKARI DENWA Business Type.
Fixed-price Group Call usage conditions
- An application for group registration must be submitted in advance. Lines eligible for group registration are "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)," "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE Type," "HIKARI DENWA (Basic Plan only)" and "HIKARI DENWA BUSINESS Type" with the same subscriber name within the NTT EAST sales area. "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE Type" and "HIKARI DENWA (Basic Plan only)" within the group require a separate application for Fixed-price Group Call.
- *A monthly fixed charge (¥400 [Excluding tax]/channel) is required to use the Fixed-price Group Call. Note that to create a group, a contract for "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE Type" or "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE)" is required for one or more lines. A contract for "Fixed-price Group Call" is required for all "HIKARI DENWA OFFICE Type" and "HIKARI DENWA (Basic Plan only)" that make up the group.
(Fixed charges apply for all channels)
- The record category of itemized statement must be selected as "Yes (record all digits)."
- Regular domestic call charges apply to calls to lines that do not have a Fixed-price Group Call contract.
- HIKARI DENWA OFFICE A (ACE) Related information
- Related Products
- Business Ether WIDE
Next-generation network service offering high reliability with Dual Access over a wide area that can even span different prefectures.